The Santa Barbara City College Transfer Achievement Program (TAP) assists under-represented students who are planning to transfer to a four-year college or university. We provide students with the necessary knowledge to ensure their successful transition from SBCC to a four-year institution.
Who does TAP serve:
- Historically under-represented student groups
- First-generation college students
- Students from low-income families
- Undocumented/AB 540 students
- MUST have a GOAL of transfer when completing the 1st Orientation
- Transferring Fall 2023 +
- Part-time & Full-time students are eligible
- No income limitation
Upon completion of the 1st and 2nd Orientation TAP members will complete the following to remain eligible in the program:
- Maintain a GOAL of transfer
- Meet and engage in a counseling session with a TAP Counselor at least once a semester.
- Meet with a Career Counselor at least once a year.
- Complete 2 Transfer webinars
- Participate in a minimum of two webinars per semester hosted by T.A.P. or SBCC.
- Attend the online Semester Meeting.
- Complete transfer activities on canvas.
Actively engage in TAP communications. (emails/canvas/social media)
How do I join TAP:
*Interested students with a Transfer Goal for Fall 2023+
To complete the 1st Orientation and interest form click here (make sure you are logged into your pipeline account.)
You will be contacted by TAP staff, please allow 3-4 weeks. A TAP staff member will assist in scheduling an appointment for a virtual 2nd Orientation.
Check out the Online T.A.P. Ceremony for the Class of 2022 click below!