Title IX Coordinator Training
The SBCC Title IX Coordinator, who is also the college's investigator, has received extensive training that is relevant to all investigations.
Any material associated with any of the training may be viewed in the Title IX Coordinator's office.
Training Completed at SBCC
- Sexual Harassment, ASCIP - 3/20/19
- Title IX, T9 Mastered - 6/4-/19
- Title IX, Keenan Safe Colleges
- Speaking Freely, Shouting Fire, First Amendment Liebert, Cassidy, Whitmore - 5/17/19
- Promoting Safety in Community Colleges Liebert, Cassidy, Whitmore - 5/31/19
- Allegations and Reports of Sexual Misconduct: Effective Institutional Compliance with Title IX and Related Statutes Liebert, Cassidy, Whitmore - 5/31/19
- Sexual Violence Prevention for Community College Students, Safe Colleges - 7/30/19
- Title IX/Sexual Violence Prevention Essentials for Campus Organizations, Safe Colleges - 7/30/19
- Anti-racism, Crossroads - 8/7-8/9/19
- New Title IX Regs, ATIXA - 5/11/2020
- New Title IX Regulations, T9 Mastered - 6/3/20
- Implicit Bias and Microaggression Awareness - 7/20/20
- Making Credibility Determinations in Remote Interviews, Van Dermyden Maddux Law Corp - 7/16/20
- Title IX, Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud, and Romo Law - 5/20/21
- Title IX Webinar, ASCIP - 9/14/21
- Sexual Citizens SPACE Toolkit Webinar, Professor Jennifer Hirsch and Professor Shamus Khan - 5/31/22
- Driving Down the 493: A Deep Dive into a CA Law and its Overlap with Title IX, Grand River Solutions - 6/24/22
- Succeeding in Difficult Interviews, T9 Mastered - 8/10/22
- Anti-bias Training, Anti-Defamation League - 8/24/22
- Mediating the Litigated Case, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University, Caruso School of Law - 10/24-28/22
- Restorative Justice, University of San Diego Center for Restorative Justice - 10/3 - 10/5/22
Title IX Decision-Maker Training
SBCC uses only seasoned, experienced and highly trained professionals who are not affiliated with SBCC as decision-makers in all Title IX hearings. All hearing officers and decision-makers have had extensive training on new Title IX regulations, the fundamentals of harassment and discrimination laws, best practices when facilitating a hearing, evidentiary analyses, the prevention of bias, as well as training on due process and the intersection of being trauma-informed with fundamental fairness.
Once a decision-maker is assigned to adjudicate a Title IX hearing, their resume, including relevant training received, will be provided to the parties.