Curriculum Advisory Committee
- Reviews and approves all proposed changes and additions to college curriculum.
- Reviews other college functions related to curriculum.
- Advises the Executive Vice-President, Educational Programs, on curriculum development.
- Review the GE requirements and recommends changes as appropriate.
This is an interactive process. You are responsible for your proposal:
Online Course Requests
- If you are submitting a proposal for an online course (hybrid or fully online), schedule a meeting with Kathy O'Connor (course and curriculum design), Laurie Vasquez (accessibility compliance), and the Faculty Resource Center (course design and training).
- Meet regularly with FRC staff during the semester you submit your proposal to begin online course training and development
- Attend Tech Review appointment during the semester you are developing your course prior to the CAC hearing and representation of your course
- Once your proposal has the seal of approval from your CAC Rep and Tech Review, you are required to attend a CAC Hearing and represent your course.
Create the proposal in CurrIQunet
- If you have questions about the content of your proposal, contact a CAC Rep or stop by one of the “Drop in” meetings for answers
- Issues with the software CurrIQunet contact Kaylene: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once your proposal is approved by your Department Chair, you are mandated to sit with your CAC Rep and review the proposal in a Tech Review session
- You should contact the Curriculum Coordinator (Kaylene: email@example.com ) to assist you in setting up a Tech Review appointment
- Tech Review appointments are made non CAC Agenda Meeting Mondays, between 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
CAC Hearing Agenda
- Once your proposal has the seal of approval from your CAC Rep, you are required to attend a CAC Hearing and represent your course.
- CAC Hearings are on the First and Third Monday’s of each month. The CAC will not review a course that does not have a representative
- The Curriculum Coordinator will let you know when your proposal will be schedule for a Hearing
Submission by the CAC due date is not a guarantee the course or program will be included in the catalog. All courses and programs must undergo the Curriculum Approval process.
|Tara Carter||Chair (tie-breaker)|
|Julie Brown||Business Division Representative|
|Laura Castro||Education Support Division Representative|
|Pending||English Division Representative|
|Dolores Howard||ESL / Modern Languages Division Representative|
|Armando Ramos||Fine Arts / School of Media Arts Division Representative|
|Pending||Health and Human Services Division Representative|
|Ignacio Alarcon||Mathematics Division Representative|
|Kathy O'Connor||PE/Athletics Division Representative|
|Kristen Sneddon||Sciences Division Representative|
|Pending||Social Sciences Division Representative|
|Brittanye Muschamp||Technologies Division Representative|
|Patricia Mautone||Noncredit Faculty Representative|
|Laura Castro||Articulation Officer (non-voting member)|
|Lisa Schwarberg||Resource Articulation Liaison (non-voting member)|
|Elizabeth Imhof||Administration Representative (non-voting member)|
|Sally Chuah||Resource Educational Support / Library (non-voting member)|
|Laurie Vasquez||Resource Accessibility Specialist / ESD (non-voting member)|
|Pending||Academic Senate Liaison (non-voting member)|
|Pending||Student Liaison (non-voting member)|
|Kaylene Thomas||Curriculum Coordinator - Credit (non-voting member)
Educational Support, English, Fine Arts/School of Media Arts, Mathematics, Physical Education, Sciences, Social Sciences
|vacant||Curriculum Coordinator - CTE and Noncredit (non-voting member)
Business, ESL/Modern Languages, Health and Human Services, School of Extended Learning, Technologies