Policies and Procedures
ACADEMIC INTEGRITY POLICY (.pdf)
ACADEMIC INTEGRITY PROCEDURE (.pdf)
ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION POLICY
STUDENT SBCC COMPUTER USE POLICY
Student Grievance Procedures
Reasons for a Grievance:
- A grade, when the student contends it involved a mistake, fraud, bad faith, or incompetence.
- Act or threat of intimidation or harassment.
- Act or threat of physical aggression.
- Arbitrary action or imposition of sanctions without proper regard to academic due process, as specified in college procedures.
- Violation of student rights, as delineated in college policies.
Initiating a Grievance
A student shall initiate a grievance by:
- Informal consultation with the faculty member, administrator, or staff member directly involved.
- Conferring with the supervisor of the aforementioned person.
- Submitting a signed statement specifying the time, place and nature of the grievance to the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- The Vice President of Academic Affairs, will determine if sufficient grounds for a hearing exist.
- If a formal hearing is determined to be necessary, the Vice President of Academic Affairs, shall initiate it within ten (10) days.
For further information regarding the grievance procedures, contact the Vice President of Academic Affairs (Room A-112).