UC Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) Application Open for Fall 2024 Admission.
UC TAG Cycle is September 1 - September 30
University Transfer Academy
-The SBCC University Transfer Academy-
Fall 2023 In-Person Counseling Hours
8:30 am - 4:30 pm | Monday, Tuesday, Thursday
11:00 am - 6:00 pm | Wednesdays
Note: SBCC will be closed for the Thanksgiving holiday on Thursday, November 23rd and Friday, November 24th.
Fall 2023 Remote | Virtual Services
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm | Tuesday & Thursday
8:30 am - Noon | Wednesdays
8:30 am - 1:00 pm | Fridays
- Derrick Banks - email@example.com
- Renato Marques - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Julio Martinez - email@example.com
- Dr. Cami Vignoe - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Angela Warren - Warren@sbcc.edu
UTA Communication Modalities:
- Telephone Services | 805-730-4347 - A University Transfer Team Member will be available to answer phone calls, Monday - Thursday from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm and Fridays from 8:30 am - 1:00 pm.
- Email Assistance | email@example.com - Counselors are available to answer your questions via email. Our response time is within 24-72 hours of our business hours listed above.
- Virtual Appointment - UTA Members can book a virtual appointment via email with their primary counselor or the self-appointment scheduling feature in Starfish.
- Counselor-of the-Day | Schedule [Click Here] - Transfer Faculty Counselors providing assistance with four-year transfer, TAG, and admission application questions.
Prospective SBCC - UTA Students: The UTA presents a comprehensive outline of our program, services, and membership process below. Prospective SBCC students, you are welcome to complete our UTA Interest Form, and an SBCC Transfer Counselor will reach out to you.
Welcome to Our Academy of Scholars
The mission of the SBCC University Transfer Academy is to ensure a transfer culture by providing comprehensive support services to empower, inform, and educate students seeking to transfer to a four-year institution. The University Transfer Academy team is committed to providing quality, holistic professional services that are responsive to students’ individual needs. Our goal is to increase visibility, awareness of services, access to transfer information, build four-year Tranfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) partnerships, and, most importantly, prepare students to transfer to both public and private baccalaureate-granting educational institutions successfully.
The SBCC University Transfer Academy Program
As one of the leading community colleges in California - and the nation - Santa Barbara City College is known for its excellent transfer rates to four-year colleges and universities. This reputation's cornerstone is a college-wide commitment to ensuring that you are provided every opportunity to succeed academically and personally by offering you excellent teaching and support services through partnerships with four-year institutions, a highly transferable curriculum, and a comprehensive University Transfer Center.
The University Transfer Academy (UTA) ensures that you will transfer in a timely manner to the prestigious University of California System, ranked among the top teaching and research institutions in the United States. UC Santa Barbara leads all campuses with the most SBCC transfer students, who make up about one-third of their transfer pool. California State University Channel Islands is our closest CSU and one of the 23 CSU's served by the University Transfer Academy. The CSU is a leader in high-quality, accessible, student-focused higher education and is the largest, most diverse, and one of the most affordable university systems in the country. Lastly, Antioch University, a private institution in Santa Barbara, offers a unique education that integrates theory and practice. The SBCC University Transfer Academy can assist in solidifying Guaranteed Admission at one of our 65 partnering institutions.
UTA Program Overview
TAG Institutions and Guaranteed Admission Requirements
TAG | Transfer Assistance
SBCC - UCSB Partnership
SBCC Transfer Resources
Four-Year Transfer Resources