News and Updates
Welcome to the 2022-2023 Academic School Year. The SBCC University Transfer Academy Team is eager to work with you.
SBCC University Transfer Academy News
- Individual appointments are available throughout the spring semester. To schedule an appointment with your SBCC University Transfer Academy Primary Counselor, please follow these instructions.
- The University Transfer Academy will be offering Transfer 101: The Basics presentations throughout the academic year. All are welcome to attend. The Transfer 101 schedule will resume in March.
- Study abroad through SBCC's Study Abroad Program next spring and earn UC transferable units.
- University Representatives on SBCC's Virtual Campus - Schedule an Appointment
- UCSB - Virtual Advising Information
- Earn a BA in Business, Nursing, and Psychology from CSUCI without leaving Santa Barbara - CSUCI Program Information
- TAG Webpage
- September 1 - September 30, 2022
- UC TAG Quick Glance GPA chart
- Access the UC Transfer Admission Planner (TAP) -The TAP is a tool that helps you track your progress toward meeting UC's minimum requirements. The tool allows UC staff to communicate important information. Additionally, TAP is used to begin the UC TAG application and self-reported information can be imported into the UC application
- The TAG application is open for submission through Wednesday, September 30 at 11:59 p.m.
- The Counselor of the Day: Virtual TAG Assistance Kiosk is open during the month of September
- The SBCC Step-by-Step UC TAG tutorial is available online
- Completed UC TAG Application Reviews are available through September 23rd
- UC-CSU Application Timeline for fall admission
- Fall 2023 CSU Admissions Cycle is open for submission on October 1 - November 30
- UC and CSU Fall 2023 Admissions Application and Personal Insight Questions Webinar Schedule
- CSU Virtual College Fair October 13th & 14th. These sessions will provide campus overviews and answer questions regarding the admissions process
- 8 CSU's do not have campus impaction; thus, as long as you meet the minimum admission requirements, you can be admitted to the University. Please note: major requirements/admission may vary and require additional classes, GPA, etc.
SBCC General Academic Information:
- The priority filing period for fall 2022 can be found on the degree applications page
- The last day to petition pass/no pass grading is December 9th
- The Pass/No Pass Form can be found @ https://sbcc.edu/forms/
- The fall 2023 course withdrawal deadline without a "W" and with enrollment/tuition refund is Sunday, September 10th. Final withdrawal deadline with a "W" for a regular start/semester course is Friday, October 28th. More information may be found at https://www.sbcc.edu/calendar/
- California Community Colleges open for Winter 2021/22 intersession; the list includes on-campus, hybrid, and fully online courses. The 2022-23 list will be posted by mid-November '22.
Transfer Limitations: There is a limit to the number of units for which UC grants credit - See Assist.org and click on UC Transferable Courses - Department - Scroll to bottom of page for more information
Duplication of Credit: UC will not grant credit for college courses in which the content duplicates material of a previously completed course or examination for which credit has already been granted, with the exception of the repeat of deficient (D/F) course grades. Information can be found at Assist.org.