How to Request an Evaluation of Coursework


  1. Enroll at Santa Barbara City College (SBCC).

  2. Submit official transcripts to SBCC Admissions and Records from all past institutions you have attended. 

    • Follow the instructions on Incoming Transcripts to submit your transcripts to SBCC Admissions & Records and verify your transcripts have been received. Transcripts sent anywhere other than directly to Admissions & Records from your other institution are considered unofficial.
    • AP Scores: see Step 4, second bullet point.  

  3. Verify your official transcripts were received by SBCC Admissions and Records. If your official transcripts are not on file with Admissions and Records your request for evaluation will not be processed, unless you qualify for a temporary clearance based on your unofficial transcripts

  4. Submit a request for evaluation to the Transcript Evaluation Office:

After you submit a request for evaluation: 

See the FAQ page for processing information and timelines. Notifications will be emailed to your SBCC Campus account, so check it regularly.