International Transcript Evaluation

 It is possible to transfer your foreign/international coursework to SBCC. To receive transfer credit toward an SBCC degree or certificate based on international transcripts, students must provide an official evaluation of their transcripts by an independent transcript evaluation service that is a member of either the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE) or National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Go to AICE or NACES for member listings.


  • Meet with your SBCC Academic Counselor to find out if it would be beneficial for you to apply for transfer credit. Comprehensive evaluations of international transcripts can be expensive, and may not be necessary depending upon your educational goals. Our Academic Counselors can advise you accordingly.
  • All agencies are private organizations. It is the responsibility of the student to pay for the services rendered.
  • You may need to request a detailed or comprehensive report that includes a course-by-course review with unit value, grade, and lower/upper division breakdown.
  • It is important for the student to provide complete and accurate information, following the specific directions of the respective agencies.
  • Submit the official international transcript evaluation report to the SBCC Admissions & Records Office.